Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gracie Girl




Sometimes a Mama just has to brag! This is one of those moments. My Gracie has been making the adjustment from traditional religious hell school to year round public school over the past 4 months. She has good days and bad days just like everybody else. She recently took her very first ride in a school bus on a field trip to see the Reno Philharmonic. That was a good day! She is also in the third grade which means she gets letter grades for the first time now. So lots of transition and change for Grace this year.



This past Friday, Gracie came home with her first report card from her new school. She is always anxious for me to open her report cards but this time she was extra excited. As a matter of fact, she didn't wait for me to open it. She opened it and handed it to me from the back seat of our Jeep. She also handed me a certificate with her name on it. I had to look at it for a moment before it sunk in. My baby girl just made honour role for the very first time!! She was so proud! She was just beaming! I am so happy for her.



So this is a shout out to Grace Meredith, the most amazing little girl I have ever known! Way to go girl! I couldn't be more proud of you! I know a little secret too...academic prowess is just one of your many gifts. I love you Gracie girl!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Yay! Congratulations, Gracie!

RandomSue said...

jeni - Gracie said "Thanks Jeni!"

Eugene said...

Well since we seem to be congratulating Grace in stereo - and deservedly so!!! - I will again say congratulations on this most excellent achievement!

digapigmy said...

very nice. you and tim should coordinate blog posts more often

digapigmy said...

oh . . . did you get a bumper sticker?