Sunday, June 29, 2008

Meaningful Friendships

I woke up this morning feeling better than I have felt in weeks. I have been feeling like crap both physically and emotionally. Today was different. I woke up at 5:30am and went for a run. Just me and Coldplay. I came home and drew myself a bath. As I was soaking, I found myself pondering why I am feeling so good today. What changed? I have been paying more attention to my water intake but there was more to it than that. I realized that in spite of all of my angst I still showed up to cook dinner for the youth on Wednesday night. I knew it would cheer me up to be around my church family. It did. On Thursday I had dinner with some friends that live on my street. I had a lot of fun there too. On Friday, we had some friends over for wine and conversation. We laughed a lot! On Saturday, we got a last minute invitation to a tattoo party. It was really fun hanging out with friends and actually watching them get their ink.

I really think all of this time with friends was tangibly beneficial to both my physical body and my emotions. I am so thankful for the friendships I have. I am truly blessed.





In my previous post you will see random snapshots of people I would call friends.

9 comments:

Randy said...

Very cool Sue! You didn't get caught up in the excitement and get a tat did you? :)

RandomSue said...

I am still ink free, no thanks to Tim

laura said...

guess what.... he's coming back in about 4-6 weeks, maybe you will be ready for one by then.....
I am so grateful for my friends right now too. I have not had friends like I do now since I moved from New Hampshire (8 yrs ago). I am glad this place is starting to feel like home. Love you guys!

digapigmy said...

what is it with all the pressure the inked up spouses put on those of us who are all-natural?

ink-free and proud of it,
brent

laura said...

It took 8 years of Jay breaking me down before I got my first tattoo. I guess I am weak.

RandomSue said...

Hey Randy - I'm still ink free

No(dot dot)el said...

friends make life worth living. i am thankful for your friendship as well. when can we go shoe shopping? and start this training business. iam getting fatter by the minute. i need to read that book.

digapigmy said...

two things:

1) you don't blog enough. once a month is not too much to ask.

2) it really looks like you're flipping off the camera in your picture. the first time i almost said something about it i realized i was on gracie's blog. i almost asked why mommy was flipping us off but actually found out that i do have some limits to the speaking of what's on my mind - apparently it happens when kids are involved.

RandomSue said...

I posted one just for you Brent