Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trying to stay focused on the good stuff




Life is both wonderful and difficult right now. Plucky and I just returned from Oregon where we celebrated our daughter's wedding. That part is wonderful and I am so happy for her. She is so full of life.

Unfortunately, Tim's Mom is being given only weeks to live now rather than months and she really is suffering. My father in law looks so tired and so sad. I hate watching the unnecessary death.

We also have my "Dad" who happens to be a real tool. (I'm actually being quite charitable with that comment.) He was so busy pitching a fit about God knows what when we were in my home town this past week that he didn't even want to see me or my children. We weren't even allowed in the house. Very painful.

I love my husband. How is it that I am so blessed with such a wonderful guy? Thank you Jesus that I didn't marry someone like my "Dad".

9 comments:

Jeni said...

1) I'm glad that the wedding went well, the pictures you posted are beautiful...

2) I'm sorry to hear about Tim's mom. I'll keep praying there.

3) I'm sorry to hear that things are/were unpleasant with your "dad".

Murdoc said...

Death is necessary to complete life. Doesn't mean you have to smile through it though.

Hillary said...

It's funny, I could totally hear your voice as I was reading this :)

What beautiful pictures! Congrats!

I remember watching 2 of my grandparents suffer with cancer and pass away. I was young when they passed. I can remember not understanding why they had to be in so much pain. If it was their time to die, I could deal with that, but watching them suffer was one of the hardest parts. I know the end all answer to why bad things happen, we live in a fallen world, etc. but it still just flat out sucks and sometimes I think we should be exempt from stuff like that. Not logical I know, but sometimes that's just how I feel.

I'm sorry about the situation with your dad. I will be praying for you.

RandomSue said...

Thanks Ben.

RandomSue said...

Thanks to all of you for making me feel understood and cared for.

Friends are one the things that make life worth living.

laura said...

It looks like it was a beautiful wedding! I am happy that you were able to have a beautiful moment like that amidst the pain in your life right now. As always, you are in my prayers:)

Chemane said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you my friend.

Erica said...

I'm glad the wedding went smoothly, I heard Jaden was quite the dancer :).

So sorry to hear about Tim's mom. That has to be so hard

digapigmy said...

sorry i missed this last week. you're making up for lost time so i'm already behind. i'm sorry that things weren't good with your dad.

yeah, that's it.